Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Boston Globe puts Gomez on hot seat - Letter attack


At last nights GOP debate Gabriel Gomez came in against Amnesty and an Assault Weapon Ban. Today The Globe is tying Gomez letter as support of Obama's agenda's on guns and immigration. For sure this puts Gabriel on the hot seat. Here is his response.


Also as a candidate, Gomez says he opposes a federal assault weapons ban, a key element of Obama’s gun-control agenda.
In a statement today, Gomez defended his decision to seek the appointment to the Senate.
“Like many independent minded people, I believed Governor Patrick had an opportunity to reach across the aisle and appoint a new Republican voice to help solve our spending problem, and to represent all the people of Massachusetts,” he said. “So, I had the guts to ask him. The governor never responded. I decided to run for the U.S. Senate because our country is greater than our politics. I served my country before, and I’m ready to serve again.”
I am not concerned with Gomez on #2A as a former Navy Seal and on his issues page he is committed to upholding the Constitution. I am heartened that he is for Border security, Anti Amnesty but the statement that he supported Obama's position on immigration is troublesome...   

No comments:

Post a Comment