Thursday, February 7, 2013
Dan Winslow for Mass Senate - a record the Grassroots can support?
After fighting along side fellow Conservative/Liberty and Grassroot Republicans to try and elect Rick Green for Mass Chair I ponder the following. Dan Winslow embodies almost everything we were fighting against. I will lay out his record, tone and you decide.
* A supporter of taxes on commuter tolls, campaign funds, cigarette taxes
* A supporter of same-sex marriage and Self avowed social moderate
* A supporter of abortion rights and again self avowed social moderate - Liberal?
* Only Republican in the MA House of Representatives to vote for Bathroom bill
* Would not say whether he would back a repeal of ObamaCare - Why?
* Is heartened by recent push on immigration, but would not say if he opposed Amnesty - Why not?
* He declined to say if he supports a ban on assault weapons - Why?
* He said one of his top priorities is climate sustainability - What? Pro Climate change?
* Winslow said "You don’t lock yourself into the extremes" - a dig at and Distancing himself from Romney & Grassroot Conservatives apparently?
Is Dan Winslow running as the Republican opposition for the open Senate Seat or as a defacto Democrat? The contrasts seem to be sorely lacking, in substance and tone. I am personally hoping that a more Conservative/Liberty candidate steps up and challenges the moderate status quo in the Mass GOP.